Naruto Anime World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto Anime World

The small channel of shinobis. When you join legends are made, when you leave chaos is one word to say your death is something we can't allow you to do, that is how we do the best to have fun and allow users to know the meaning of fun. This is a real RPG.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Naruto Ultimate ninja storm 2

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shigeko
Student
Student
Shigeko

Exp. : 10537

Character sheet
Character Sheet :
Chakra :
Naruto Ultimate ninja storm 2  Left_bar_bleue150/150Naruto Ultimate ninja storm 2  Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Life :
Naruto Ultimate ninja storm 2  Left_bar_bleue200/200Naruto Ultimate ninja storm 2  Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

Naruto Ultimate ninja storm 2  Empty
PostSubject: Naruto Ultimate ninja storm 2    Naruto Ultimate ninja storm 2  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 11:30 am

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 is the most beautiful example of cell-shaded graphics I've ever seen. This is not hyperbole, and I have zero interest in Naruto. But I'm a firm believer in giving credit where it's due, and developer CyberConnect2 has managed to capture the feel of traditional 2D animation phenomenally well. The game looked so good, in fact, that it managed to hold my attention at last week's Namco Bandai pre-E3 event, despite the fact that there wasn't much of the game on display.

Naruto Ultimate ninja storm 2  Naruto-ultimate-ninja-storm-2-20100525025251091-000

After finishing the single demo battle, which pitted me (as Naruto) against Kakashi (with some help from Sakura), I'm not quite sure what to make of the second Ultimate Ninja Storm title, which is multiplatform for the first time this generation and set to launch on the PS3 and the 360 this fall. Combat remains largely unchanged from the last Ninja Storm title on the PS3. While the presentation is excellent, the gameplay is... lean. Battles still take place in fully navigable arenas which change over time as they're destroyed by clashing ninjas, and the controls are as responsive as you might expect. However, combat is simple, with super moves and major attacks mapped to the face buttons on the gamepad (as opposed to requiring the finger gymnastics of more serious fighting titles). More than anything, I was reminded of Capcom's Dreamcast era Powerstone titles: there's more of an emphasis on over-the-top battles and experiences than the kinds of deep, rewarding combat systems players would find in more dedicated fighting games.

As Ryan Clements said in IGN's review of the first Ultimate Ninja Storm, these titles are aimed at a more casual audience. The gameplay seems predicated on showing Naruto fans what they want to see, which would be Naruto characters beating the crap out of each other with completely bizarre forms of ninja magic. In that regard, Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 is more of the same. Namco Bandai didn't have anything to say about a return of the Ultimate Mission Mode from the last game, or the various mini-games that made an appearance previously, but it's likely a safe bet that they'll be back this time around. Partners are still called in with the right bumper or R1 button. There are still quick-time sequences that require the player to pound repeatedly on the face buttons during certain sequences, where failure results in a flash back to a checkpoint at the beginning of said quick-time sequence.

And that's it, really. The demo lasted about 10 minutes, long enough to impress me aesthetically but little else. For Naruto fans, Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 is looking like the sequel they've likely wanted since finishing the first (and the Naruto game before that, and the game before that...), but for the rest of us, it remains to be seen if there will be more to Naruto when it revisits consoles this fall.

LATEST IMAGES

Naruto Ultimate ninja storm 2  Naruto-ultimate-ninja-storm-2-20100615081407974_thumb_ign
IGN.ImageLoader.delayByView("thumbImg1", "http://media.ignimgs.com/media/thumb/323/3238915/naruto-ultimate-ninja-storm-2-20100615081407974_thumb_ign.jpg");
Naruto Ultimate ninja storm 2  Naruto-ultimate-ninja-storm-2-20100615081402256_thumb_ign
IGN.ImageLoader.delayByView("thumbImg2", "http://media.ignimgs.com/media/thumb/323/3238914/naruto-ultimate-ninja-storm-2-20100615081402256_thumb_ign.jpg");
View all 31 images ยป LATEST VIDEO
Naruto Ultimate ninja storm 2  E310_nunstorm2_trl_e3trailer_61510_qthighwide_thumb_ign
IGN.ImageLoader.delayByView("thumbVid1", "http://media.ignimgs.com/media/thumb/324/3241418/e310_nunstorm2_trl_e3trailer_61510_qthighwide_thumb_ign.jpg");
Back to top Go down
Kisame
Mizukage
Mizukage
Kisame

Exp. : 10493

Character sheet
Character Sheet :
Chakra :
Naruto Ultimate ninja storm 2  Left_bar_bleue150/150Naruto Ultimate ninja storm 2  Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)
Life :
Naruto Ultimate ninja storm 2  Left_bar_bleue200/200Naruto Ultimate ninja storm 2  Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

Naruto Ultimate ninja storm 2  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naruto Ultimate ninja storm 2    Naruto Ultimate ninja storm 2  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 3:29 pm

it looks super awsome.
Back to top Go down
http://naruto.viz.com/forum/member.php?u=571

Naruto Ultimate ninja storm 2
Page 1 of 1